Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My dearest family and friends,

     My heart is so full as I write this.  Words cannot describe the gratitude I have for my Savior and for my Father in Heaven, for their willingness to allow me to be a representative of Jesus Christ for these past 18 months.  This has been the most remarkable experience.  As I was thinking about what to write, one of my favorite hymns came to mind...
     I've been reflecting a lot on the experiences I've had leading up to receiving my mission call until today, and it has become apparent to me that I am NOT the same person I was when the Lord extended this call to me two years ago....  Looking back, I am able to truly see how much the experiences I've had on my mission have changed me for the better.
     I've had so many incredible experiences over these past 18 months and it has been the most incredible thing to be able to see how the restored gospel of Jesus Christ changes people's lives. There is no doubt in my mind, that this gospel has been restored in its fullness and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints contains the fullness of the gospel on the earth today.
     I know we have a living prophet on the earth today, who continues to receive revelation for us in these latter days, and if we look to him for guidance, we will not be lead astray.
     I cannot even describe the gratitude I have towards my Heavenly Father, for trusting me with this sacred opportunity to share these truths with everyone in the mission of Peru, Chiclayo.
     The hymn that I had come to mind was "Behold!  A Royal Army" (251)

Behold a royal army, with banner, sword, and shield.
Is marching forth to conquer on life's great battlefield.
Its ranks are filled with soldiers, united, bold, and strong,
Who follow their Commander and sing their joyful song;

Victory, victory, thru him that redeemed us!
Victory, victory, thru Jesus Christ our Lord!
Victory, victory, victory, thru Jesus Christ our Lord!

And now the foe advancing, that valiant host assails,
And yet they never falter, their courage never fails.
Their Leader calls, "Be faithful!" They pass the word along,
They see his signal flashing, and shout their joyful song;

Victory, victory, thru him that redeemed us!
Victory, victory, thru Jesus Christ our Lord!
Victory, victory, victory, thru Jesus Christ our Lord!

Oh, when the war is ended, when strife and conflicts cease,
When all are safely gathered within the vale of peace,
Before the King eternal, that vast and mighty throng
Shall praise his name forever, and this shall be their song;


Victory, victory, thru him that redeemed us!
Victory, victory, thru Jesus Christ our Lord!
Victory, victory, victory, thru Jesus Christ our Lord!


"La actitud que tenga hacia su servicio misional es un reflejo del amor que siente hacia nuestro Padre Celestial y su Hijo y el respeto que tiene por el sacerdocio."
                                                                                         Predicad Mi Evangelio

"The attitude you have towards your missionary service, is a reflection of the love that you feel toward our Heavenly Father and His Son, and the respect you have for the priesthood."
                                                                                        Preach My Gospel

No comments:

Post a Comment